Who are we?
The Younger Chemists Committee advocates for and provides resources to early-career chemists and professionals in the chemical sciences and related fields.
The YCC addresses specific issues facing younger chemists within the ACS and serves as a voice to the Society on behalf of younger chemists.
2019 ACS San Diego YCC Committee
Established in 1974, the YCC is a joint Board-Council committee of the ACS consisting of thirty-three members and associates. Along with its many alumni, the committee represents a wide range of industrial, governmental, and academic fields and serves as the voice of younger chemists in the ACS.
Committee associates and members are appointed for one- or three-year terms by the ACS President and Chairman of the Board and may be reappointed until the age of 35. During their term on the YCC, members and associates may choose to serve on various subcommittees and task forces.
What we do
- Meet twice per year at the National ACS meetings
- Sponsor programs targeted at younger chemists at national and regional ACS meetings
- Organize and mentor local section YCCs
- Maintain the YCC website as a communication tool and information resource
- Publish the YCC newsletter
- Represent the younger chemists within the ACS governing organization